★ Marc Gerrard pitching 4 Corners event space
FMI: See the 4 Corners’ listing soon to be posted to http://wearevanisl.ca/
★ Arzeena Hamir repitching Amara Farm
• Facilitator: Liz Wootton, Human Nature Development
• Social Media Reporter: Lauren Dean
Descriptions, “asks,” and “givebacks” coming soon!
• 6:30pm “Soft start” for informal networking. Bring business cards, brochures, etc. 4 Corners is providing appetizers. Longwood Brewery is providing beer. Thanks 🍻
• 6:50pm Everyone in their seats for “hard start” at 7pm: We will workshop the first business “on deck” for 45 minutes. They give a 3 minute summary of their business, including opportunities, challenges, what they can give to the round table, what they need help with. We respond with 42 minutes of questions, feedback, and help. We also have a template that asks about customer/client acquisition, activation, retention, referral, and revenue (Pirate Metrics, see below). The second business “on deck” is updating us on an earlier pitch and ask.
Our seating is limited. The ticket fee is a placeholder fee to secure intention and cover basic costs. LIFT Champions / Regular members, Partners, and Sponsors are not charged – if you show up (you will be invoiced if you don’t show up). LIFT Associates / Friends / Ambassadors get $20 back when you show up. If you don’t show up, your funds are donated to the Young Entrepreneur FUND (YEF) at LIFT. No exceptions.
USING THE FIRST TIMERS PASS
If you’re new to these focus group workshops, please take advantage of our FIRST TIMERS free ticket. If you’re a LIFT member, please use your access to the “free for FIRST TIMERS” tickets and invite guests who want to be part of a dynamic, growth-oriented entrepreneur community. If you’re ready to join LIFT, please apply at http://applyandgetlifted.ca and we’ll be in touch!
We will draw on Boris Mann’s workshop using the Pirate Metrics model. For more on AARRR metrics, see http://j.mp/2DvbvrV
IT TAKES A COMMUNITY TO GROW SUCCESSFUL STARTUPS
This series of round table business development workshops is hosted by me (hpm), and the LIFT Solution Sponsors as part of this business and community economic development initiative.
Want to support this LIFT work? Let’s talk. I’m looking for “solution sponsors” and “community partners” who want to help grow our Vancouver Island entrepreneur community.
Want to support your own business growth? For award-winning promotional and business development support apply at http://applyandgetlifted.ca
Thanks to 2019 Solution Sponsors
• Adil Amlani at Sure Copy Courtenay,
• Lief Jason at Mastermynde,
• Jabin at Jabin Postal Films,
• Allison Mandzuk & co at 98.9 The GOAT Comox Valley
• Lyle Carlstrom and partners at Old House Law and Notary Public / Holland and Company.,
• Liz Wootton at Human Nature Development,
• Ann Scott and partners at Presley & Partners
Thanks also to 2019 Community Partners
• Atlas Café,
• The Waverley Hotel,
• The Creator Space,
• Harmonic Arts Botanical Dispensary,
• My Tech Guys,
• McKinnon Photography,
• Douglas magazine